"Fais de ta vie un rêve, et d'un rêve, une réalité."

Photo de la semaine

Photo de la semaine
Los Niños de la Paz

mardi 3 juin 2008

In English Please!!!

From the beginning of the blog I have been writing in French. Actually is very difficult for me to do both, French and English, because of the internet connexion that is slow.

However in the coming weeks I might create or a new blog only in english or edit some important information of my journey in the blog itself.

I would like to apologize again for this problem.

Already the first month... Time passes so fast! I enjoy a lot my work at the center Las Marias. I have good relation with the children which was not necessarily easy the first weeks and also with my colleagues. Two weeks ago I met Esther (general director of Dianova Nicaragua) and Aurelio ( director of the education center). They are really to me and helped me to integrate myself more into the Nicaraguian culture.

I have also worked with the psychologist of the center, Jenifer, on the prevencion program. Every month there is a new theme that the teachers and educators have to develop with the students. In may the theme was self estim and in June and July it will be the emotions. Theme that complete very well my project of terra cotta statues.

Some great moment I had during this first moment but I am sure the best is to come! Normally, this week I will start with Freddy and Yannis the traditional Bread hoven ( horno de pan). We hope that in the future, the children will have the chance to taste great bread and will hopefully learn how to make it.

I also started to work at the Carpinteria ( wood work) and it is very nice. I discovered myself a new passsion!

Friday we almost get into the hurricane Alma, by luck we didn't get hurt. Que fuerte! No just a little joke... THe hurricane didn't pass in Jinotepe, only a lot of rain to complete the day!

THE PACIFIC
Last sunday, I went to the beach for a post reunion of Dianova international. I met for the first time Giro, the director of Dianova USA and other directors from Spain. I really enjoyed this journey first because we were in a beautiful house at Masachapa where the view was simply the Pacific. Just maravilloso!!! And second because I met the directors of Dianova which was a plaisure for me to be able to talk with them of my project. I also had the occasion to talk longer with Giro about the fact that DIANOVA has now the consultative status at the ONU ( ECOSOC comittee) and I think it is a great step for Dianova for the present but also for the future of the organisation. This new status will give Dianova the opportunity to work in collaboration with other NGOs, makes new contacts but also to have more notoriaty. Let have a look of this afternoon...
Yesterday ,we started the construction of the hoven. Well not totally mainly the little house that will protect the hoven. We just dig the wholes to put the borders of the protection but today Yannis and I were kind of tired. You don't imagine, but being 24/24 with kids it is really hard and drained me. For the construction of the hoven I will post pictures step by step so you will be able to follow its construction.NO it's not the final result!!!!!!!!!! It is only a model that we took in picture to help us BUT it might look like this!!!

Aucun commentaire: